Complying With Federal Mortgage Lending Law
|Date / Time:
Navigating mortgage banking's legal landscape has never been more complex. Among the myriad of mortgage-related rules issued by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau are the ability to repay/qualified mortgage rules, the servicing rules, and revisions to the loan originator compensation rules.
These rules, among others, are resetting the legal and compliance climate of an entire industry. Join us for a discussion on strategies for complying with federal mortgage banking-related laws and pro-actively addressing our unprecedented federal regulatory oversight and enforcement environment.
Topics Covered Include:
- Overview of the Current Regulatory Environment
- The Role the Mortgage Crisis Played
- Key Enforcement Actions/Settlements
- The Impact of the CFPB
- Discussion of Key Origination Related Laws
- Discussion of Key Servicing Related Laws
Reid F. Herlihy
Michael S. Waldron
- Attorney with Ballard Spahr LLP
- Practices in business and finance, mortgage banking, consumer financial services, and privacy and data security
- Provides regulatory and transactional advice for clients on a range of issues involving state and federal consumer finance laws
- J.D. degree, George Mason University School of Law; B.S. degree, College of William & Mary
- Partner at Ballard Spahr LLP and practice leader of the Mortgage Banking Group
- Focus has been on mortgage regulatory reform, enforcement actions and preparing clients for regulatory examinations, including those by the CFPB
- Former in-house counsel for two national lender/servicing shops
- Draws on his experience in-house to advise and represent mortgage companies, financial institutions, and secondary-market investors on the complexities of the current marketplace
- Editor of The Mortgage Finance Regulation Answer Book 2011 to 2012, published by the Practising Law Institute
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Getting Your License: NMLS-Approved Online Instructor-Led Course
Objection Handling Training Program
FSBO Marketing System
Expired Listings / FSBO Marketing System
The Complete Pre-Listing System: Get In, Get Out, Get The Listing!
Big Book of Real Estate Ads: 1001 Ads That Sell, 3rd Edition
30 Million Dollar Marketing System
The Business Planning System for the Real Estate Professional
Real Estate Office Management
Procedures Manual For Agents
The Policies, Procedures, &Personnel Forms Manual
Human Resources for Anyone with Newly Assigned HR Responsibilities