The ABCs Of E&O Insurance
|Date / Time:
Errors and omissions coverage, commonly known as E&O insurance, affords licensees, real estate brokerage firms and other real estate professionals protection against claims or lawsuits by clients who feel that their real estate representative failed to provide adequate services. Although most real estate professionals have heard of E&O insurance, and while most have E&O coverage, few actually review the specific terms of their insurance policy to ensure that they are protected to the fullest extent possible.
In this live webinar we will discuss errors and omissions insurance in general, and in the real estate realm in particular. We will discuss coverage and policy provision basics, and what to look for, what to ask for and what to avoid.
- What Is Errors and Omissions Insurance and Why Do I Need It?
- E&O Coverage Basics
- You May Be a Professional but May Not Know It
- Who Is a Professional? The Answer May Surprise You
- Everyone Makes Mistakes; Make Sure Yours Are Covered
- Typical Errors Resulting in E&O Claims
- Some Details: E&O Insurance
- General Coverage Parameters
- Coverages Not Included
- Typical Policy Provisions
- What to Look out for, What to Ask for, What to Avoid
- Who Should Buy E&O Coverage and Why?
- Scope of Professionals Expanding
- Specialty Policies
- Data Breach and Privacy E&O Coverage: You May Think You Have It but Don't, Alarming New Case Law Tells Us so
- Financial Institutions and Class Action/Shareholder Suit Coverage
- Lawyers Unfamiliar With Coverage Issues Make Mistakes Too
- Why You Should Talk to Your Broker, and Hire a Coverage Lawyer
- You Should Make Sure Your Broker Understands Your Business
- If You Think You Have a Claim, Hire a Policyholder Lawyer for Advice
Joseph F. Fields – Moderator
- Special counsel with McCarter & English, LLP's New York, NY office
- A seasoned courtroom lawyer, Joe has litigated, arbitrated and mediated cases in numerous jurisdictions from inception through trial
- His 25 year experience includes litigating and settling multimillion-dollar insurance coverage issues for Fortune 100 companies, including errors and omissions matters, multimillion-dollar casualty losses and large scale environmental cost recovery matters, in addition to representing financial institutions in high stakes litigations
- Written a number of articles addressing insurance coverage issues, and speaks regularly on such matters
- J.D. degree, New York Law School; B.A. degree, Manhattanville College; a 6-year B.A./J.D. degree program, N.Y. Law School; multiple Dean's Lists
- Senior associate with McCarter & English, LLP's Newark, NJ office
- Represents corporate policyholders in high value insurance coverage matters involving various forms of commercial insurance, including professional, general and high value property claims
- Developed a specialty in representing insurance brokers in E&O matters relating to brokerage services
- Wrote a number of articles on insurance coverage issues
- J.D. degree, Harvard Law School; B.A. degree, Seton Hall University
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Getting Your License: NMLS-Approved Online Instructor-Led Course
Objection Handling Training Program
FSBO Marketing System
Expired Listings / FSBO Marketing System
The Complete Pre-Listing System: Get In, Get Out, Get The Listing!
Big Book of Real Estate Ads: 1001 Ads That Sell, 3rd Edition
30 Million Dollar Marketing System
The Business Planning System for the Real Estate Professional
Real Estate Office Management
Procedures Manual For Agents
The Policies, Procedures, &Personnel Forms Manual
Human Resources for Anyone with Newly Assigned HR Responsibilities