Aging Building Management: Best Practices In Developing Long-Term Capital Plans
|Date / Time:
Up to thirty percent of the average organization's annual capital outlay is spent on facilities and related infrastructure. How can an organization ensure it is most effectively leveraging this investment to support operations today and meet the needs of the future?
Optimally managing capital assets requires detailed information about the condition of an organization's facilities and major building systems. Each facility or department must use consistent methods for documenting building requirements and estimating associated costs.
Capital projects must be prioritized using consistent criteria. And the various stakeholders in the capital planning and management process must be able to see the long-term impact of different investment decisions.
In addition to condition information, by considering sustainability recommendations along with systems lifecycle requirements, building owners and managers can optimize recapitalization and greening initiatives.
This live webinar will outline a best practice process for developing a long-term capital plan from requirements gathering and long-term planning to capital budget creation and spend management.
Challenges in Asset Management
Developing a Best Practice Plan
- Understanding Your Portfolio
- Agreeing on Needs and Priorities With Multiple Stakeholders
- Determining How to Optimize Investments – and Minimize Expenses
- Insufficient Tools for Complex Analysis Needs
Managing the Capital Asset Lifecycle
- Develop a System That Is Tailored to Your Needs
- Ensure Stakeholder Involvement in the Process
- Gather All the Data You Need to Make the Most Informed Decisions
- Incorporate Sustainability Requirements
- Maintain and Update the Data in Your System
Client Examples/Case Studies
- Collect and Maintain Facility Information
- Analyze the Facility Data
- Define Capital Projects and Plans
- Maintain and Sustain the Program
- Vice president of VFA Inc.'s Consulting Services group, responsible for management and direction of projects for customers across VFA's market base
- Prior to forming the Consulting Services group in 2004, Mr. Dufresne led Assessment Services within VFA for 12 years
- During his tenure, VFA assessed more than half a billion square feet of property in government, educational, healthcare and corporate markets. It was through his contact with clients over this period that Mr. Dufresne recognized first hand the customer's need for expanded services that integrates capital planning with operational and building process review, financial planning and data integration and analysis
- Throughout his career, he has pursued computer solutions to complex managerial and computational issues, using a wide variety of software and database systems
- Prior to joining VFA in 1992, Mr. Dufresne was a practicing architect working on the design and construction administration of office, medical, retail and transportation facilities
- Speaks at industry conferences and has written on the value of effective capital planning and facility management
- Bachelor's degree in architecture, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Getting Your License: NMLS-Approved Online Instructor-Led Course
Objection Handling Training Program
FSBO Marketing System
Expired Listings / FSBO Marketing System
The Complete Pre-Listing System: Get In, Get Out, Get The Listing!
Big Book of Real Estate Ads: 1001 Ads That Sell, 3rd Edition
30 Million Dollar Marketing System
The Business Planning System for the Real Estate Professional
Real Estate Office Management
Procedures Manual For Agents
The Policies, Procedures, &Personnel Forms Manual
Human Resources for Anyone with Newly Assigned HR Responsibilities